Services for Non-Japanese Speakers
Tax and accounting obligations invariably follow the receipt of income, and this is no different in Japan. However the system here can be onerous, even for Japanese native speakers to navigate, let alone expatriates. The number of expatriates and locally hired foreign workers has been increasing in recent years in Japan, alongside more entrepreneurs and business-owners. Tax compliance procedures and the tax treatment for these individuals can be different from that of Japanese citizens. This can be difficult for individuals and small or medium sized companies to deal with. All of our associates have acquired experience and expertise within a Big4 environment, in a wide variety of areas. We put ourselves in your shoes and are committed to providing a high quality service to our clients and to giving you clear, understandable explanations of rules and systems that can be deeply complex.
Example of Our Services:
- Preparation of corporate income tax, local income tax and consumption tax returns
- Analysis on the application of relevant tax treaties and preparation of treaty application forms
- Assistance with tax audits
- Business establishment, registration and other start-up support
- Payroll (including calculation of monthly withholding tax on fringe benefit of expatriates)
- Preparation of individual income tax returns for residents including expatriates
- Preparation of individual income tax returns for non-residents
- Advice on coming to and leaving Japan
- We may also assist preparation of US income tax return
- Act as a nominated Tax Representative
- Translation of financial statements, tax returns and registry book etc.
- Consultation regarding tax treatment of specific issues or items
- Certified Public Tax Accountant (Zeirishi)
- U.S. CPA (Guam)
- Language: Japanese, English and French (Beginner)
While working at Deloitte Tohmatsu Tax Co. for 6 years, Nobue Yagi gained experience in providing a variety of compliance and advisory tax services. After leaving Deloitte, she joined the International Tax Services group at Ernst & Young Tax Co., where she provided outbound and inbound tax consulting services such as tax structuring and planning, as well as compliance services including the preparation of international tax documents. She also worked for US tax compliance services at Ernst & Young LLC (Chicago). She has also lived in Denmark and the UK. Nobue Yagi has also worked for a major foreign law firm in Tokyo, before joining Answers Trust Tax Co.
|NAME:||Answers Trust Tax Co.|
|LOCATION:||Taiyo Seimei Shinagawa Bldg. 28F 2-16-2 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0075|